Friday, October 29, 2010

In what way do media and advertising work together?

Media and advertising are not only complimentary to each other but are almost required in the modern world of mass media. With the struggling economy, advertising firms have been thriving on media companies to use advertising techniques within their media to help with financial problems. Media examples such as gaming, phone applications, internets sites, and even movies have excessive amounts of advertising. While advertising and media have always been a prominent correlation, advertisement have seem a bit overbearing. Advertisement companies are thriving on any source of mass media both old and new. There are always new way that advertisement firms are able to get their message out across another medium. Personally, I do not see advertisements in mass media as being a problem but I do see a problem in excessive amounts of advertisements. Another example of excessive advertising would be through the company Six Flags. Six Flags is in outrageous debt and needs help staying afloat. In order to stay afloat they rely on numerous advertisements on their commercials and inside their parks. I noticed this in the summer as I went to a regular theme park called Cedar Point then went to Six Flags. Upon my arrival to Six Flags I felt harassed by all the violating advertisements that surrounded me. I believe there needs to be a healthy amount of advertisements in the media in order for people to live a little more free.

No comments:

Post a Comment