Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What Have I Learned in This Class?

I for one was graced with a lot of information that I would never have thought would have been interesting to me. In coming into this class I will honestly say I had my doubts as I thought the class focused around film media but was thrown into the vast world of all mass media. I was introduced to journalism, public relations, music, movies, games, television, and any other form of media that reaches out to the masses. I became overwhelmed with the multitude of new information I was learning. While overwhelming, I started to become more interested especially in the film "Breaking the News." I almost wanted to change my major to journalism so I could be an investigative journalist. The class brought a lot of work for an introductory class and I felt as though if I did not do most of these assignments I would not have gotten as much information as I did. I could go on and on giving specific details on the actual material that I learned in the class but the biggest thing I learned is not necessarily from the content. I was exposed to different fields and I needed to become open to all fields of work and when I did I suddenly became more interested. I believe this will help me as a global communications major because I will need to have a clear and open mind. I am very pleased in the way that this class was run and will favor all the information I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment