Thursday, December 2, 2010

What have I learned in this class?

Throughout the year I have learned many things about the media. I learned about a number of media pioneers and also how the media affects the general public. The media has a greater affect on people than they know. Peoples decisions and choices are somewhat based on the media. The media influences us in all aspects of our life. When we see a commercial for Burger King we begin to crave it. We eventually end up going to Burger King if we can’t control these cravings. Or at the least we will get up and eat something. I’ve also learned how the media relates to press and reporting. The fourth estate as it’s sometimes called helps unveil the corruption in the U.S. Sometimes called the fourth branch of government, it helps our country run smoothly. I’ve also learned the change over time from print to the internet. With blogs and newspapers online there’s little need for printed papers. Newspaper companies have been slowly going out of business. There’s simply no more need for newspapers with the internet prevailing. The media is all over and is an important part of our nation. I’ve learned all the different aspects of the media and how they are used. Overall, I’ve learned a lot about the media and hopefully can now utilize what I’ve learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment