Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What have I learned in this class?

Intro to Mass Media really has taught me a lot. In the future, I want to be a journalist and this class definitely seemed like the first step to reaching my goal. As a communications major, I came in to my freshman year of school thinking I knew all about communications and that this class was just going to be so repetitive. However, I was wrong and I have learned a great deal. One of the major topics that I have learned about in this class would be that I have learned all about various media pioneers and different people that have shaped our mass media. Obviously I knew about the different forms of mass media, print, television, movies, etc. But I never really knew who were the people behind these ideas that changed our world forever.
Being a communications major I understand that you have to be up to date on the most current news and happenings around the globe. This class has taught me that in order to be successful in the field that you have to always be changing just like our mass media. You have to be constantly adapting to the ever changing cycle. As technology develops we have to work with it and develop as well. Intro to Mass Media really has been an enjoyable class and I have taken so much away from it that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment